This is not finished...
Welcome to the new and pretty much the same Webcomics Update 2.0. If you weren't around during the distressing time that was my blog on Today.com, you may be unaware of what I do here. I read webcomics. Every day. On top of this, I have opinions. It's unwise, I know, but I can't help it. So here's how it goes: daily webcomic reading + opinions = Webcomics Update.
Collar 6 (Mature Content*)
I was referred to this comic awhile back by one of my close net friends. Basically, it's a comic about BDSM. For those unaware of what that is, it's a largely sexual fetish (hey, Mature Content) involving Bondage and Discipline, Domination and Submission, and Sado-Masochism. Yeah, a three-part acronym. Add in Shonen-style (anime term- look it up) powers and fight scenes, and you have Collar 6.
Concession (Mature Content*)
Concession is a furry webcomic that has evolved well beyond its, yes, largley sexual base. There's magic and mind control and rape and murder and everything that opposes these things, brought to life by a varied cast of people that happen to look like animals.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Yes, the punching bag of the webcomics community, CAD, is on my list. Why? I don't hate it. Big shock, I know. It's basically a world built around one incredibly lucky total idiot that has occassional flashes of unheard-of genius.
Eerie Cuties
Another new-ish comic to my list, Eerie Cuties is another comic that I got referred to during my absence. It's basically about a supernatural high school, following a vampire that only eats chocolate (it's not her fault, she was born on Easter).
Flaky Pastry
Yet another new addition. Flaky Pastry is kind of... strange. The main characters are a dishonest goblin, a scholastic catgirl (but never call her a catgirl), and a completely insane elf. They live in an apartment with a dragon as a landlord and a white-haired neighbor who may or may not be human.
Girly
Two girls+bouncy cat+impossible world=Girly. Sadly, this should be leaving my list soon since it's almost done.
Geminni
This is another sort of odd comic. Single mom with her psychic daughter, ex-stepson, plenty of friends, and a formerly murderess ghoul. Not the best art, but the writing makes up for it.
Girls with Slingshots
This one was actually added because of its shared storyline with Something Positive, and I think that, really, the best way to describe it is on the site itself: "two girls, a bar, and a talking cactus". Of course, there's more to it than that, but that's a good summary.
Goblins
What happens when a group of goblins decides to become an adventuring party? Something a little bit like this, presumably.
Lead Paint
... I'm not sure how to explain this, actually. There's a pair of anti-social teens and there's no real plot to it. Wins on wicked thoughts and art style. Eventually, you know.
Mysteries of the Arcana
Girl tries to kill herself. Girl saves other girl from robotic monstrocity. Other girl is VERY grateful. And an elf. And then there's more awesome plot.
Menage a 3 (NSFW)
Menage a 3 has a habit of copious use of nipples in its art, and very good art at that, which is why it's labled NSFW. Do not read this in the office or at your school, because it's entirely likely that you will get in trouble. Despite the nipply fun, it's not really a raunchy comic, though.
Misfile
One day, an angel was getting high when he heard some of his bosses coming close. Panicking, he stuck some files in random places to make things look neat. No dice, he's kicked out and the files remain out of place, turning a boy into a girl and undoing two years of a Harvard freshman's life.
No Need For Bushido
Ingredients for NNFB stew- one uppity princess, one bumbling samurai, one blind Taoist monk, one furious BFS-wielding rounin, as many villains as needed, several dozen innocent bystanders and soldiers, and plenty of stupid awesome sound effects for flavor.
Order of the Stick
This high-level adventuring party started their journey trying to kill a lich. Since then, things have gotten a lot more complicated, and a lot more risky.
Sluggy Freelance
Sword wielding idiots; witches, guns, and aliens. Zombies, vamps, an evil corps and a badass kickass bunny force. Ferret songs that will make you sick and a zombie's head on a stick. Blow-up tools and shameless girls- two blockheads try to save the world.
Something Positive
Strawberry Deathcake (Mature Content)
xkcd
I am not currently accepting new additions to this list. Sorry, but other things take priority at the moment. Thanks for reading.
SoySauce
No comments:
Post a Comment